6 INGREDIENTS THAT YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING THE PERFECT SKINCARE PRODUCT.
The variety and choice in skincare products are getting wider day by day. While there are many problem-specific skincare products available in the market, not all of them deliver the desired results.
Through this blog, we have tried to make life easy for you by listing down the ingredients that you should look for before investing in a skincare product.
The best solutions for treating acne, uneven pigmentation, sun damage, and more are often found in natural ingredients but sometimes, the natural ingredients need to be mixed together with certain safe chemicals so that specific skin problems can be addressed.
1. Aloe vera:
Cultivated for both agricultural and medicinal use, Aloe vera is a short-stemmed shrub, often termed as the “wonder plant” and widely known for its healing properties.
This amazing plant contains Antioxidants, Enzymes, Vitamins A, and Vitamin C! It is an anti-inflammatory plant that helps treat pigmentation, burns, acne, and dryness. Aloe vera, or products containing Aloe vera, have the following advantages:
- They work best to reduce acne, treat burns and fade scars. For best results, leave it on the skin overnight.
- They work as an amazing cleanser. For best results, just apply products containing a substantial amount of Aloe vera on your face, let it stay for a while, and then clean it with wet cotton or wash it off!!
- Aloe vera boosts the blood flow of the skin and kills harmful bacteria.
- They are the best overnight treatment for spots, acne, and inflammation. Its anti-inflammatory properties can reduce pain, swelling, and soreness on the skin.
- They boost and enhance collagen production.
- They contain natural depigmenting/ lightening agents that naturally treat hyperpigmentation.
2. Salicylic acid:
Originating from a class of drugs known as salicylates, salicylic acid helps the skin shed dead skin cells from the topmost layer of skin. It effectively decreases inflammation, reduces pimples, and heals wounds and infections. Products containing Salicylic acid have the following benefits:
- They remove dead skin cells and bacteria from the skin.
- They purify and exfoliate, the skin enhancing its appearance and health.
- Best for people with acne-prone skin.
- They have exfoliating properties and help remove dead skin, dirt, and grime, giving you a brighter and even complexion.
Widely known for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, Licorice is a root extract that contains a very potent antioxidant called glycyrrhizin. Here’s why licorice is a must-have in your skincare product:
- It protects your skin against UV damage and free radicals.
- It reduces/ slows down premature aging.
- It evens the skin tone.
- It works as a skin lightening agent by removing existing melanin on the skin.
4. Vitamin C:
The advantages of Vitamin C to the skin are countless. Vitamin C infused products play a major role in evening out the skin tone and making the skin fresh and plump. Mentioned below are some of the advantages of Vitamin C infused products:
- They effectively promote collagen production and thicken the skin layer.
- They eradicate fine lines and make the skin youthful.
- They have antioxidants that protect skin cells from damage due to UV exposure and free radicals.
- They lighten dark spots, making the skin tone even.
- They reduce inflammation and help heal the skin.
5. Witch Hazel:
A natural remedy for inflammation, itching, and wounds, Witch hazel has countless benefits for the skin! No wonder so many products nowadays contain extracts from this amazing plant! Here’s how products containing witch hazel can benefit your skin:
- They relieve inflammation, instantly reducing redness and swelling.
- They tighten the skin’s pores, making it firmer and smoother.
- As they clear the skin off excess oil, they reduce acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.
6. Hyaluronic Acid:
Naturally found in the skin, Hyaluronic acid is basically a sugar molecule that binds water to collagen and traps it within the skin, keeping the skin hydrated, plump, and dewy. Products containing Hyaluronic acid have the following benefits:
- They retain the moisture level of the skin relieving it from dryness and making it more elastic.
- They reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making the skin look young and fresh.
- They speed up the healing process and reduce inflammation.
- They make the skin brighter and the skin tone even.